Website University of Alberta
dispatcher course edmonton,dispatcher jobs edmonton kijiji,dispatcher alis,part time dispatcher jobs edmonton no experience,work from home jobsedmonton,dispatcher jobs calgary,ity of edmonton jobs,dispatcher meaning
Jobs Near Me For Dispatcher In Edmonton, AB – The University of Alberta is one of Canada’s top teaching and research universities, with an international reputation for excellence across the humanities, sciences, creative arts, business, engineering, and health sciences.
Home to more than 39,000 students and 15,000 faculty and staff, the university has an annual budget of $1.7 billion and attracts nearly $450 million in sponsored research revenue. The U of A offers close to 400 rigorous undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs in 18 faculties on five campuses. The university has more than 250,000 alumni worldwide.
Jobs Near Me For Dispatcher In Edmonton, AB
Currently, University of Alberta is re-opening Job Hiring in 2023 to find prospective workers who are ready to fill positions as below. University of Alberta is looking for candidates in accordance with the requirements of University of Alberta Canada in accordance with the company’s vision and mission.
University of Alberta Position and Details
Jobs Hiring “Dispatcher” University of Alberta
About The Position
Dispatchers are the firs t point of contact when calling the University of Alberta Protective Services. They perform a variety of communication and dispatching duties for emergency and non emergency calls; dis patches UAPS personnel to calls for service; and opera tes a variety of communications and electronic equipment including radio, teleph one, computer, and security and camera monitoring s ystems. Dispatcher s wi ll have their work assigned and overseen by the on duty Sergeant, Patrol Services Division.
- Receives emerge ncy and non-emergency calls for service; responds to public inquires in a courteous and professional manner
- Provides assistanc e, information and direction to non-emergency callers; responds to and resolves difficult and sensitive public inquiries and complaints
- Prioritizes calls a nd dispatches UAPS personnel as required to emergency and non-emergency situations
- Notifies emergency services such as police, fire a nd ambulance as required
- Maintains status and location of members in the field; keeps the Sergeant and Inspector, Patrol Services Division informed of situations
- Responds to fie ld personnel resource requests; retrieves information from local UAPS database
- Relays information to personnel in the field; inputs all pertinent radi o transmissions and information into the UAPS database; maintains and updates UAPS records as required
- Monitors alarm and security systems; maintains logs and records of all calls
- Maintains a refe rence library of Communications Centre materials; provides building floor plan and location inf ormation to field personnel and emergency first responders
- Assists in gathering information for investigations upon request
- Performs related duties as required
- Emer gency Communications & Response Certificate; equival encies with a high school diploma and relevant experience will be considered .
- Computer ex perience with Microsoft Windows based systems
- Obtain clear criminal record check with vulnerable sector check
- Able to work shift work
- High level of proficiency with Google applications
- Experience with Omnigo (Report Exec) software
- Experience working within a post-secondary environment
- Emergency or Standard First Aid Certification and Level C CPR with AED.
- Basic Emergency Management and/or ICS 100
- Suicide Intervention Training
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.