Buy-Low Foods mission is to be recognized by its people and its customers as the community’s first choice for a food store that puts fun, fresh, value and quality into everything it does.
Buy-Low Foods opened its first location on Arbutus Street in Vancouver, BC, in 1966. In September of 1995, Buy-Low Foods then consisting of four corporate and four franchise locations was purchased from its founders by the Jim Pattison Group.
With the support of our parent company, the Buy-Low Foods retail banner has now grown to 26 retail locations throughout British Columbia, Alberta, and Saskatchewan.
Jobs Hiring Near Me For Retail Supervisor In Oliver, BC
Currently, Buy-Low Foods LP is re-opening Job Hiring in 2023 to find prospective workers who are ready to fill positions as below. Buy-Low Foods LP is looking for candidates in accordance with the requirements of Buy-Low Foods LP Philippines in accordance with the company’s vision and mission.
Buy-Low Foods LP Position and Details
Job Hiring “Retail Supervisor” Buy-Low Foods LP
About the job
This job is sourced from a job board. Learn More
- Buy-Low Foods* is currently seeking a
- Retail Supervisor / Grocery Lead Hand* for our store located in
- Oliver, BC.* We are looking for a strong leader who can efficiently oversee the department operations in terms of staffing, customer service, and merchandising.*Job duties and responsibilities:*
- Be responsible for key-holding, store safe and store alarm
- Efficiently stock and display product in a neat and appealing manner
- Supervision of staff in the store manager’s absence, including communicating expectations and giving direction
- Provide effective training for new employees
- Deal with customer queries and complaints in a professional and timely manner
- Adhere to safety policies and regulations
- Provide a safe and clean store environment to protect both staff and customers
- Motivate the team to increase sales, exceed budgets and profit goals, while ensuring operational efficiency
- To perform other duties and tasks assigned or required as consistent with the nature and scope of the position*Skills and qualifications:*
- Previous Service Clerk responsibilities along with the ability to work in any department; meat, produce, grocery, deli, or bakery.
- Proven track record as a self-starter; dedicated and goal orientated.
- Complete understanding of till operation and cash-up procedures.
- Proven track record in store merchandising and driving sales.
- Demonstrated high level of communication, interpersonal & conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to ensure compliance of established company policy.
- Demonstrated ability to provide 100% customer service.
- Excellent command of the English language both verbal and written.
- Flexibility to work a variety of hours which include days, evenings, weekends and stat holidays*Work conditions and physical requirements:*
- Walking and standing for extended periods including bending, twisting, crouching and kneeling at times
- Must be able to be on your feet for up to an entire 8-hour shift
- Ability to perform physically demanding, repetitive physical tasks for extended periods of time
- Job requires manual dexterity, attention to detail and hand-eye co-ordination*Our commitment to you:*
- Competitive wages with starting rates based on experience
- Automatic wage increases based on the number of hours worked
- Room for advancement – all new opportunities posted internally first
- Company matched RRSP Program. Employee / Store Discount (More Rewards program)
- Comprehensive benefits package including Dental, Extended Health, Vision, Life & Disability insuranceIf you feel that you possess the knowledge, skills and abilities mentioned above then we would love to hear from you!*How to apply:*
- Online: Respond to this job ad to apply in confidence to the Hiring Team
- In person: Drop off an application at the store –
- 5717 Main St #105, Oliver, BC*
- Please include a cover letter including your wage expectations and any work availability restrictionsWe are an equal opportunity employer and as such we strive to foster a workplace where individual differences are recognized, appreciated and respected.We would like to thank everyone for applying, however due to the volume of applications received only those moving forward to the interview process will be contacted….keywords: assistant manager, retail manager, retail store manager, store manager, retail management, management, manager, operations, supervisor, leader, team lead, key holder, team building, customer service, business development, budgeting, vendor management, recruiting, hiring, scheduling, training, grocery, produce, retail, convenience store, supermarket, market, sales associate, foodie, ocean wise, organic, culinary, gourmet, artisan, community, hospitality, #readytoworkJob Type: Full-timeBenefits:* Dental care* Disability insurance* Employee assistance program* Extended health care* Life insurance* RRSP match* Store discount* Vision careSchedule:* 8 hour shift* Day shift* Evening shift* Monday to Friday* Weekends as neededExperience:* grocery: 1 year (preferred)Licence/Certification:* Canadian, PR, or Work Permit (required)Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.