EEI CORPORATION was founded in 1931. Through the years, the Company expanded into the provision of general contract and specialty construction services, and has been involved in the construction and erection of large-scale heavy and light projects, infrastructure and property development projects both in the Philippines and abroad.
EEI has an unmatched track record as one of the country’s leading construction companies. Its shares are listed on the Philippine Stock Exchange. The Company is a member of the Yuchengco Group of Companies, a leading diversified conglomerate with interests in banking, financial and insurance services, education and property development.
EEI Corporation was incorporated in 1931 by Mr. Rey Parker, a retired of United States Navy, as Engineering Equipment & Supply Company (EESCO). The company focused on the trading in mill equipment for the mining in EESCO eventually diversified into the steel fabrication business, constructing sea vessels, trailers and structural pipes.
During the reconstruction after World War II, the Company expanded equipped to produce carbon steel and manganese castings. In 1964, EESCO changed its name to Engineering Equipment, INc. (or EEI). Benguet Consolidated, Inc. (now Benguet Corporation and a major mining company shareholdings of EESCO in 1959.
Then Chairman Jaime V. Ongpin introduced model structures and practices in the company, which shaped its future course as a construction legacy was a clear vision and spirit, which laid the foundation for the transformation of modern corporation.
In 1975, the Company ventured into overseas construction in the United Arab Emirates and SAudi ARabia. Within the year, it listed its shares in the Philippine Stock Exchange, thus be listed company. With its success in overseas contracting, EEI diversified in the 1980″s into ancillary subsidiaries, particularly EEI Marine, Gulf Asia International Services, Gulf ASia TRavel an established to balance the company’s business portfolio.
It also organized the EEI Foundation vehicle for the implementation of its social responsibility dendeavors. In 1992, the Company changed Engineering Equipment Inc. to EEI Corp. marked the beginning of a new phase.
Majority ownership passed on to the Yuchengco Group of Companies and Container TErminal SErvices Inc. The Yuchengco Group consolidated its through its holding company. House of 1996. During the year, the Company Philrock Inc., a corporation engaged in concrete products and high construction.
Jobs Hiring For QS Manager In Pampanga, Philippines
Currently, EEI Corporation is re-opening Job Hiring in 2023 to find prospective workers who are ready to fill positions as below. EEI Corporation is looking for candidates in accordance with the requirements of EEI Corporation Philippines in accordance with the company’s vision and mission.
EEI Corporation Position and Details
Job Hiring “QS Manager” EEI Corporation
- Manage a team of Quantity Surveyors developing all kinds of take-offs required by the project: monthly progress, budget forecast, procurement, variations…
- Scrutinizing maintenance and material costs, as well as contracts to ensure the best deals.
- Liaising with site managers, clients, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Preparing reports, analyses, contracts, budgets, risk assessments, and other documents.
- Advising managers and clients on improvements and new strategies.
- Keeping track of materials and ordering more when required.
- Documenting any changes in design and updating budgets.
- Establishing and maintaining professional relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Follow project accomplishment, record quantities, compare with contract quantities, capable of analyzing potential claims.
- Supports the Project Director to prepare the comparison charts of every analysis of alternatives.
- Reports to the Commercial Manager during the construction phase.
Skills and experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- At least 5 years as QS Lead
- Bachelor’s Science in Civil/Mechanical engineering
- Upper intermediate level in English (verbal and written)
To apply for this job please visit www.jobstreet.com.ph.