In 1931 a long-sought dream became reality. Giuseppe Cipriani opened the doors to Harry’s Bar. In a discreet stone building perched along a canal just off Piazza San Marco in Venice, he created a timeless and impeccably appointed establishment. His concept was to serve others as you would want to be served yourself. His vision of simple luxury came to touch the souls of people all over the world.
At Harry’s Bar in Venice, all clients are treated like royalty. Simple elements such as true service and devotion have elevated Harry’s to legendary status. In fact, in 2001, the Italian Ministry for Cultural Affairs declared Harry’s Bar in Venice a national landmark, a unique honor bestowed not for the establishments’s décor or furniture, but for its witness to the events of a century in Venice.
The secret of Cipriani isn’t about what can be seen or touched, but what can be felt and sensed. It is intangible but palpable. It can’t be patented, but even after eighty- two years it hasn’t been duplicated by others. Four generations of Cipriani have grown a single restaurant, into a world renowned hospitality brand still recognized for its distinguished venues and service all over the world.
Job Hiring For Chocolate Store Cashier In New York
Currently, Cipriani is re-opening Job Hiring in 2023 to find prospective workers who are ready to fill positions as below. Cipriani is looking for candidates in accordance with the requirements of Cipriani New York in accordance with the company’s vision and mission.
Cipriani Position and Details
Job Hiring “Chocolate Store Cashier” Cipriani
About the job
POSTION: CHOCOLATE STORE CASHIER/ ATTENDANT
FLSA DESIGNATION: NON-EXEMPT
POSITION REPORTS TO: STORE MANAGER
SALARY RANGE: $19.00 PER HOUR
Cashiers work to provide customers with fast and friendly service while ensuring accuracy at the sales counter. Cashiers generally take orders, ring them up on a register, collect payments and make change, and issue receipts. Cashiers are oftentimes asked to help with other tasks during their down time.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Greeting and assisting customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Issue receipts to customers.
- Answer customer questions as they arise.
- Perform opening and closing store.
- Assist in routine cleaning tasks.
- Displaying products.
- Packaging chocolates with a knowledge of our products to accurately provide descriptions to our customers.
- Knowing how to tie a bow with ribbon (or willing to learn it)
- Process credit, and debit transactions.
- Preparing pick up orders.
- Answering calls.
- Help with other tasks as needed including managing shelves, tracking inventory, and keeping the store clean.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the organization. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Cipriani rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the facilities. Employees who violate rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions:
- To maintain a good and effective industrial relations climate with Cipriani management, and show a willingness to support any necessary change development of the services’ provided.
- To protect restaurant and diners by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- The ability to communicate clear directions to nearby local attractions, facilities, and services.
- Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately and safely.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide easily and quickly.
- Experience operating a cash register.
- Proficient cashier and clerical skills.
- Comfortable with cash handling.
- Ability to work flexible hours during the holiday season.
- Must have excellent communication skills, punctual, attentive to detail and have a positive attitude.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by facility environmental systems.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the restaurant on a timely basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
Education: High school or equivalent education preferred.
Experience Required: 6 months – 1 year experience handling money and working as a cashier. Must have prior customer service experience (hospitality, restaurants, or retail).
Licenses or Certificates: Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits.
Grooming: All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Company standards.
Intent And Function Of Job Descriptions
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer.
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.